Friday Night Thought
What America may need is a National 12 Step Program. With all due respect and credit to AA, these are the 12 Steps, with slight edits to reflect the political nature of the 12 Steps as adopted to a falling Republic:
- We admitted we were powerless over the existing politboro—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We are entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other out-group members, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
It is imperative that we as individuals consider the assumptions we base our daily lives on. We assume that power and water will flow at our beck and call. We assume a level of physical and social infrastructure that provides an even sea for us to sail on. We assume our dollar will buy about a dollar's worth of whatever.
Going deeper into our assumptions, we may uncover the pernicious lies that we have made little pearls out of. The little grains of irritation seep into our comfy little spaces. We blanket the irritation with layers of rich nacre, reducing the perception of irritation. But we are left with the nucleus of irritation that was introduced.
Consider the lies that you were sold when you bought your home. "Oh, that area will never be developed, it is a County green space". Or, the lie of normalcy bias... "I like this place, everyone looks like me... i.e., it will be this way forever".
Now, consider the blatant lies that you hear out of Washington, D.C. and from Mayoral offices and the like. The insanity in Philadelphia, where the Police Chief states what the suspect's confession was, and then the Mayor immediately contradicts him to deflect the Islamic component of the attack is a noteworthy point.
Story as originally reported:
Now, I am unaware how the so-called "Mayor" is a Muslim scholar. I see no record of him being an Imam or having any sort of Islamic imprimatur of authority. His claim it has nothing to do with Islam makes one wonder "what interest does he have in trying to change the story?"
Regarding the Islamic adherent that tried to murder the cop... are we as a nation now going to disavow the direct statements of felons as to their reasons? I'd say that the Mayor just robbed that felon of any remaining agency that he had in this world. Who in HELL is the Mayor of Philadelphia to tell the world what this man's motives are and are not? Is he a mind reader?
This brings me full circle to the thought for the night. First, we pray for the swift recovery of the injured officer. Next, consider Confucius' words. What is the proper name for what happened in Philadelphia? I'd say it it looks a lot like what we see over and over again... Islamic terrorism. That is what it is called. If the Mayor is right and the rest of America is wrong, then anyone claiming jihad is just an unbalanced psychopath. How pejorative of him.
Mayor Kenney of Philadelphia is a fool. Worse, he is a damned fool in public office, demanding America disavow the plain Truth. His shrill cry is that of the Lemming leader, urging his furry compatriots over the cliffs of doom. Now, ponder who or what pulls his puppet strings. Americans are no fools (despite electing Obama 2x), they see the game and know to look for the strings. Think about this and all that will happen between now and November. Look beyond the puppet and get rid of the puppet master. The puppet master must go, or we will never see peace in this lifetime.
Co-Dependents Guide to the 12 Step Program